I always say that people make plant-based eating too complicated! It can be just as easy as this Burrito with Refried Beans and Corn: whole grain tortillas filled with six ingredients and a side of prepared salsa. This simple burrito—which relies upon frozen and canned ingredients—can be prepared in about 15 minutes for a busy weeknight, weekend brunch, or healthy work lunch.
Get these super easy, classic vegetarian and vegan Burritos with Refried Beans and Corn on the table in just 10 minutes.
- 2 8-inch (43 g each) whole wheat tortillas
- 2/3 cups prepared vegetarian refried beans, black bean or pinto (check out my recipe for homemade refried beans here)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, sliced thinly
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 1/4 cup prepared, mild salsa
- Warm tortillas.
- Heat refried beans.
- Heat corn.
- To Prepare Each Burrito: Place one tortilla on flat surface, spread 1/3 cup refried beans over the center, top with 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup cabbage, 2 cherry tomatoes (halved), 2 slices avocado, and 1 sprig cilantro. Roll burrito. Slice in half.
- Serve with 2 tablespoons salsa on the side.
To make this recipe gluten-free use gluten-free tortillas, such as corn.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 324
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1027 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 10.5 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: vegan burritos, healthy burritos, easy healthy burritos
For other Latin-themed, plant-based recipes, check out:
Spicy Lentil Tacos
Spicy Cauliflower Cilantro Salad
Easy Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.