Get these amazing, flavorful Korma Turmeric Rice Veggie Power Bowls on the table in about 45 minutes! Just get your rice cooking. Then prep a few veggies—cauliflower, bell pepper, sweet potatoes, red onions, canned chickpeas—on a sheet pan and roast for about 35 minutes. While that’s cooking, put together this super easy Korma sauce. Then you’re ready to build your super healthy, delicious Korma Turmeric Rice Veggie Power Bowls. These completely plant-based (vegan), gluten-free bowls are a hit, and they also can be enjoyed for meal prep. Make up four healthy bowls to enjoy all week long. You can also serve them for a wonderful interactive dinner. Create the elements of the bowls, then let everyone create their own unique grain bowl, just the way they like it!
Korma Turmeric Rice Veggie Power Bowls are a great recipe to use for meal prep. Just get your four power bowls prepared, store them in air-tight, microwave safe containers, and you’ve got four delicious healthy meals to heat up for on-the-go lunches or dinners during the week. For under 600 calories each, you can have veggie-rich, plant protein-focused, globally-inspired meals at the ready.
Each part of this recipe—the turmeric rice, roasted veggies, and korma sauce—are all great on their own, too. Try the turmeric rice as your next flavorful side dish for chickpea curry. The roasted veggies are delicious served with a veggie loaf. And the korma sauce is wonderful to serve with cubes of tofu as a curry dish.
Get an amazing, flavorful, plant-based (vegan), gluten-free grain bowl on the table in under 45 minutes with this fabulous turmeric rice, sheet pan roasted veggies, and easy korma sauce.
Turmeric Brown Rice:
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
Easy Korma Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Pinch teaspoon salt (optional)
- Pinch teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 (13.5 ounce) can light coconut milk (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- To make turmeric brown rice: Heat olive oil in a medium pot. Add rice, ginger, garlic, turmeric, and black pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Add water, vegetable bullion, and agave syrup. Stir well, cover, and cook over medium heat—stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking—for about 40 minutes, until just tender, but not mushy. Stir in lemon juice and remove from heat.
- To make roasted vegetables: Arrange cauliflower, bell pepper slices, red onion slices, sweet potato cubes, and chickpeas on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice evenly. Sprinkle with seasoning salt, evenly.
- Place in top rack of oven and roast veggies at 375 F for about 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and tender.
- To make easy Korma sauce: Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala, salt, black pepper and saute for 2 minutes, stirring to avoid burning. Add coconut milk, almond meal, and tomato paste, and heat while stirring until bubbly and smooth. Remove from heat. (Makes 1 cup sauce)
- To serve, arrange in 4 large bowls (about 3 cups capacity):
*1/2 cup turmeric rice
*one fourth of roasted vegetables
*1/4 cup korma sauce
This is a great meal prep idea, as you can assemble four bowls and enjoy them during the week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Indian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 588
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 609 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 92 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 17 g
Keywords: vegan bowl, power bowl, power bowl recipe
For more plant-based bowls, check out:
Turmeric Rice and Black Bean Bowl
Mediterranean Edamame Quinoa Bowl
Thai Tofu Veggie Noodle Bowl
I love to make turmeric rice in my Instant Pot! Grab my code to get your own.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.